Federal Work-Study Orientation for On and Off Campus Jobs
FWS Orientation -- Part 5 -- You must complete all parts and submit form at the end of this orientation.
What are my responsibilities to my employer and the FWS program?
- Maintain the work schedule you and your supervisor agreed upon.
- Complete all work assignments to the best of your ability.
- Always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Always notify your supervisor if you cannot report to work.
- You cannot work during your scheduled class times, or on legal holidays when the college is closed.
- You may only be paid for the hours you work.
- Make sure you do not work in excess of your FWS award.
How many hours can I work per week?
The maximum number of hours that you can work per week is:
- Twenty hours, if you are registered for summer classes.
- Twenty-five hours, if you are not registered for summer classes.
- Twenty hours during the fall and spring semesters
- January intersession and spring break when classes are not in session, you may be allowed to work up to 25 hours per week, but the FWS Coordinator must authorize such periods of employment.
Can I earn more than my FWS award?
No, the maximum that you can earn is the amount that you are awarded by CUNY; this amount is listed on your FWS contract. You cannot be paid for hours worked in excess of your award. Once you have earned your maximum FWS award you must stop working.
Start Over << Return to Part 4 Continue to Part 6 >>