FWS ORIENTATION FOR ON-CAMPUS JOBS
FWS Orientation -- Part 5
What are my responsibilities to my employer and the FWS program?
- Maintain the work schedule you and your supervisor agreed upon.
- Complete all work assignments to the best of your ability.
- Always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Always notify your supervisor if you cannot report to work.
- You cannot work during your scheduled class times, or on legal holidays when the college is closed.
- You may only be paid for the hours you work.
- Make sure you do not work in excess of your FWS award.
How many hours can I work per week?
The maximum number of hours that a student can work is 20 hours per week. During the January intersession or spring break, when classes are not in session, or during the summer break, you may be allowed to work up to 25 hours per week, but the FWS Coordinator must authorize such periods of employment.
Can I earn more than my FWS award?
No, the maximum that you can earn is the amount that you are awarded by CUNY; this amount is listed on your FWS contract. You cannot be paid for hours worked in excess of your award. Once you have earned your maximum FWS award you must stop working.